About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, April 12, 2012

They said I Do....5 years ago - Calgary Portrait Photography

They met in junior high, ignored each other for awhile, started dating, fell in love, got engaged and time has flown by......a wedding, babies, new house...but one thing hasn't changed. Russell and Karla are in love and they love spending time together. And that was so evident last Saturday as I got to wander around with them and take photos.  As we wandered they reminisced....about their wedding day, their honeymoon and spoke of what's ahead.


I heard tales from their honeymoon - getting stuck in a delta....having to wade through waist high water....coming upon a goose colony where they either had to go thru the nesting grounds or back thru the water. They talked of playing mini golf....shooting through an outhouse.  It was great to spend some time with them and hear them talk about those memories being made in the early stages of their family.


Karla contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I could shoot her and Russell to commemorate their 5th anniversary. I immediately said yes! What a great idea! I had a blast documenting their relationship....so full of encouragement and laughter...these two are best friends. It was clear in the way they joked around with each other and share memories and laughs. Also evident that their love has grown in the last 5 years....I didn't need to ask Russell to hold Karla....he jumped right in and held her tightly....I loved watching Russell's face as he gazed upon his wife...full.of.love.


It was a great way to celebrate their wedding anniversary; getting new images and spending some time alone focussing just on themselves.  I didn't ask them what their plans were for after the shoot, but I'm going to guess a date night occurred!

Enjoy the images...which one is your favorite?

c koop photography
facebook