About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, May 11, 2012

My Girls......Calgary-Prince George Beauty Photography

These women are friends.  They are wives.  They are mothers.  They are sisters.  They are amazing!  It was my absolute pleasure to capture these women at this point in their lives....and a gorgeous point it is!  They helped me down a different photography road that is exciting me which I'll share more about in the next week or two.

These women are my friends and I was so honored to be able to shoot their photos a couple weeks ago.  Each one of them brought something special to my life in PG and after 2 years I still miss that day to day input they had.  I consider myself truly blessed that I can call them my girls.  They encouraged, challenged, laughed, cried, supported, laughed (yes I know I said that twice!), and loved me.  They still do, it's just from a distance (which totally sucks by the way!).  I can honestly say that I don't laugh with anyone else the way I laugh with them, they are GOOD for my soul. 

It was a great afternoon shooting and even though we were missing 2 of my girls because of scheduling conflicts, we still had a great time.  (Dee and Lori....next time!!) It was a learning experience for all of us.  For me; shooting friends in a totally different way than I'm used to and for them to be infront of the camera for a period of time alone, without their kids or husbands.  It was a fun afternoon and I loved hearing them chatter away as we shot, laughing over so many things, discussing what they should wear for the photos, catching up on news....sigh....it was so GOOD!

This blog post will be lengthy in images, but I had such a hard time choosing what to post I went a little overboard!  Which one is your favorite?

If you'd like to have some photos done, please let me know!  carly@ckoop.com
c koop photography
facebook

Suzy....I love this photo! This girl makes me laugh....hard...tears rolling down my face hard.






 Jennifer....this is IT! So timeless.  She always has an encouraging and positive word to share with me.  So it was nice to give back to her!



 Holly...you've seen here before...she's the other me. 
I asked for bedroom eyes and this is what I got...Jason?



 Lisa....2 years have passed and nothing has changed...we can still sit around your island and share our hearts.  My photo friend. She got me started in this whole thing..photography. She claimed she'd be difficult to shoot, well she was right, but I prevailed!

2 comments:

Mom/Joan said...

Oh Carly!!!!! These are awesome! I love them all - you got me teary eyed over the beauty and naturalness of each one of them. You captured some great shots of each personality. I really like this new venture and if these shots are anything to go by - go for it girl! xo

Joelene said...

These are beautiful! Nice work Carly! I am going to book you to do mine!