About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, November 30, 2012

An Almost Wintery Wonderland....then it warmed up-The Burrill Family Photos

I'll admit it.....I'm a summer girl...no shame there.....just love.summer.  But.....there are a few things that I do like about winter.....and one of them? Hoarfrost. Yes, the glorious appearance of frozen snow upon the branches, blades of grass, leaves and structure.....like love it.  I had been itching to go out and shoot in last week's gorgeous yummy light with the hoarfrost.....and low and behold....I got an email from Marsha asking if I was available to do a family photo session....of course!  
Me- When?  
Marsha -Well....I love how wintery it looks outside right now....
Me- Okay....we'll have to move fast to catch this snowiness..... 
Marsha -sure...how about tomorrow?  
Me - Whhaaaaat? Really? OKAY!!

So....the very next afternoon (at the yummy light time) I met up with the Burrill family.  Sadly I watched the frost quickly melt off the trees about 2 hours before our start time.  Thankfully the east side of the trees were still snowy looking!  That is the peril of living in the foothills....you never ever know what's going to happen weather wise.  Anyways.....I had a great time wandering around the park with the family and was so appreciative of the great light and gorgeous smiles I had to work with!

If you're interested in having some new images up on your wall, contact me and we'll make a date! Obviously I don't always need a lot of notice! If you see hoarfrost and want some wintery photos....call me!

carly@ckoop.com






1 comment:

joan said...

Great pictures Carly! They look like a fun family and it's neat that they included the dog too as part of the family pictures!