About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Music is in my heart

You may not know this but I am a music lover.... I always have music playing in the background at my house except for those moments when I'm really needing quiet. My family has figured out that music will be present whether they like it or not but are still having a struggle with my need to play certain songs over and over. Why not play them more often? If I like and want to sing along loudly so be it.

I had the priviledge of hearing my good friend Lori sing a few weeks ago. I've heard her sing many many times before but this time was magical, it was the perfect key for her and with her being backed up by a duo and a choir and an orchestra completely topped it off! I don't often get emotional when listening to live music because it never sounds as good. But this instance it was perfect. Lori set me to tears as she was AMAZING!!!! So amazing that I went back to the next performance just to hear her again... and cry again!! Anyways, music is a big part of my life and I thought I'd share two of my Christmas favorites with you. They've been around for a couple years, but because they don't get played year round they are almost new again!

Both songs speak of the awe and wonder of Christmas and more importantly the reason behind why we SHOULD be celebrating. The busyness of what we think we need to accomplish and do in this month is CRAZY!!!! And it's hard to slow down and really focus on why this day even exists. It's not about the presents or the food or the people (all good things but).... it's about the baby. These songs speak about that. I hope you take the time to sit and listen to these and reflect.
Barlow Girl - Hallelujah - Light Has Come http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LGYq5elsM

Downhere - How Many Kings?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaVc-Qqw6oA

Things are kind of chaotic around our home right now as I just finished another wedding edit and have another one to start and a wedding to shoot in just 11 days! Yipes! So the blog may feel it more than anything else. We are away for a couple of days so things will be thin here. But if you need to contact me about anything, either drop a comment or email me at gckoop@telus.net.

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I'll be posting some of my favorites from 2009 later this next week but I'll leave you with one for right now that truly reflects the two little men in my house.

No comments: