About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, December 3, 2009

How much does he love me?

Well, I did it.... again.... acting before I really think. I've been talking about getting a new body for months and months now. NO.... a new camera body.... do you think I need a new body? How would you know? I haven't gotten around to posting a photo of myself... yet... some Carly shots are in the works.

Anyways, back to the new body... a camera body... a D300 to be specific. So a photographer that I really admire had posted on his blog recently that he was selling his for a steal of a deal... I emailed him for details and he replied saying first come first served. So I emailed Garth about it and never heard back from him. Now you know that when someone doesn't reply to your email in a timely manner that is means they are ignoring you.... unless you're waiting for reply from me. I don't ignore people... usually!! So I didn't hear back from Garth so just kind of mentioned it in passing here and there. Well tonight while I was making supper I decided to see what they were going for on ebay. Low and behold an auction was ending in 20 minutes and it was for a great price.

So in my haste I decided to bid just to see how high the highest bid was. Entered a bid, outbid, entered another bid, outbid, entered another bid.... YOU ARE THE HIGHEST BIDDER! 15 minutes remaining...... 10 minutes remaining... uh oh!

"Uh..... Garth you need to come up here right away!!" So I explained to him what I'd done and he just sat down at the computer and watched it tick down. Not saying much the whole time. Meanwhile I'm making supper and thinking....."ooooooh he is upset!!"

You see we have a deal in our marriage that one does not make a purchase over $50 (ish) without talking to the other. Well there was no talking this time and believe me it was for more than 50 dollaaaaas!

Well, the bidding was over and I had won. Garth just turned to me and said "Merry Christmas Carly." I guess!...... MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY... and the list goes on!

So that is how much my husband loves me.... no cancelling the bid... no refusing to pay.... "how do you pay for this Carly... do you want me to do it?" Garth's love language is gifts (receiving them that is) and so I often find myself picking up some Toffifee or a magazine or some hockey cards on a whim (he loves this!!). My love language is not gifts, but tonight it sure is.

Thank you Garth.... you bought me my first Nikon that started all this wedding photography craziness and now you've just added to it again.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Here's a photo of my new body.... again... camera body people!!!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

What a great guy you have!! I've never tried ebay but Leigh used it lots to buy material for their house.

It's storming here today, makes me wish I could be at home curled up by the fireplace!

Love you!