About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eli and Kyla - Wedding

Saturday started off cold and blustery and I knew it was going to be an interesting day for a bride in her wedding dress. I knew Kyla wanted the best day ever and wouldn't let a little snow storm stop her or slow her down. Had we known in advance how much time she'd spend outside I would have suggested more outdoor shots!
You see, Eli and Kyla agreed to a first look session where they saw each other before the ceremony and started their day relaxed and getting some time to talk before the rush of the day took over. THAT WAS THE PLAN! They did have their first look, it started a little later than planned due to a communication issue where she was dropped off at the wrong entrace to our location. And because Kyla is a take charge kinda gal, she took off to look for Eli and I who at that time were patiently waiting for her taking individual groom photos. To make a long story short, Kyla showed up after walking around the location OUTSIDE to find an open door!! OUTSIDE!! Luckily she was wearing her Uggs and a cute coat and scarf! OUTSIDE!! Anyways, she took a moment in the elevator and then eagerly walked up to see her groom.

That could have set the tone for the day, but Kyla dealt with it and moved on.... moved on to making great memories with Eli. They are such a cute couple, I usually find myself at some point in the day asking the groom to whisper in the bride's ear just for a different shot, but no need to here, Eli was often whispering into Kyla's ear. I did find out one time what he whispered and had to laugh as it was not what I was expecting!

Anyways, I had a great day with these two and their families, the reception at Moxies was great and the ice cream topped off the day perfectly!

Thanks to Eli's suggestion we took some shots at a local hangout here A&A Burger Bar which totally suited their 50's theme! Thank you soooo much to Janet and the staff there for making it such a good time. If you are ever needing a great burger and frie combo or are craving a rootbeer milkshake or just need some candy check them out!

So here are some photos of the day, Kyla is a fashionista and I studied Vogue before her wedding to get some different stuff and I AM PLEASED!!!! I am sure you'll agree that they are a stunning couple, it was sooo easy!

Congratulations Eli and Kyla - I was honored to be able to share in your wedding day - I pray God's richest blessing on your marriage and family.
Here is some of the candy you'll find at A&A Burger Bar.

Sisters hanging out with their milkshakes.




Okay, so I'm IN LOVE with this photo!! Here is our Vogue fashionista in all her glory!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Beautiful pictures Carly!!! Can't wait to see the rest.