About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Head Shots

When I was asked to take the staff portraits at our church, I must admit that I was more than a little nervous. Why? It's not like a wedding where do overs are completely impossible (could you imagine? - "excuse me pastor, but could you take off the bride's ring? I missed the shot!") or that I was time crunched. I think I was nervous because I was taking the photos of my pastors! Now don't get me wrong, they are super people; warm, welcoming and inviting, but it was a shift for me being the one with the knowledge and leading them! It also didn't help that I hadn't met all the staff yet. So I was glad for the opportunity to meet most of them and stick my camera in their faces! Talk about a first impression huh? I had sucked back a few mints so I was okay!

Garth and I have been so blessed to again have a great staff to work with and we look forward to spending time with them

But at the same time being nervous I was also excited b/c I was able to stretch myself again in my photography. I'm not much of a traditional poser with my photography. I tend to set people up and then just ask them to hang out, so this whole thing of "tilt your head to the left" or "lower your chin" is not something I'm used to. Looking over the photos I must admit that I think I did okay! I had fun and I think they did too. So next time they ask for photos, no nerves needed!

So if your office/staff/board needs head shots taken, please don't hesitate to contact me!















No comments: