About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, May 2, 2011

Brunch sealed the deal.....Reava and Steve - Engagement Session

Their eyes met across the club....she was there to keep a friend company while at a birthday party and he was there with a friend.  Steve kept glancing over at Reava and her friend.  Reava being the shy girl she claims to be (not too sure about that!) was uncertain about approaching him.  Reava's friend had to leave for a few moments and thought that Steve would be great company while she was away.  He sauntered over and they visited for quite a while and ended their time together with the promise of brunch the following morning.

Brunch lasted 3 hours and in that time Reava realized that Steve was the one for her.  Time passed along with them spending a great deal of time together at home cooking, trying out new recipes, walking their dog Lucy, listening to music and vacationing in the tropics.  All this time together culminated with Steve proposing to Reava over a special birthday dinner he'd made just for her.  And in June they'll start their lives together as husband and wife in Okotoks.  And I'm so pleased to be sharing in this time with them.


What a great way to start off this year's wedding season!  These two are a lot of fun...alot.  I had the pleasure of spending some time with them last week wandering around Calgary shooting engagement photos.

From the very first frame I knew this wasn't going to be work for me at all.  They both were comfortable infront of the camera from the beginning and the time just flew by.  Steve and Reava had absolutely no problem getting close for shots and even better I never once had to ask them to kiss....they just did it themselves!  I take that as a compliment actually....it's a sign that I'm doing my job in keeping the moments real, relaxed and unscripted as much as possible.  I like to think that engagement sessions are a time for my couples to unwind, enjoy some time alone (okay with me and my camera) and just reconnect.  It certainly looks like they got to connect!  Steve and Reava....keep practicing those poses at your bathroom sinks!! :-)

Enjoy.







 She is just stunning....I'm looking forward to June!!

 Just love it....





 Steve and Reava were always ready for a laugh....
this is one of my favorites from the session....it's real

No comments: