About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Cooker

Well today is a cooker (by which I mean it's hot outside) and I LOVE COOKERS!!!!!! While others may bemoan the fact that it's too hot for them or that they could fry and egg on their car you will not find me complaining.

I spent the better part of my free Thursday(the one day of the week that I have no obligations to work, school... anybody except Ry cuz we're home together and that's not an obligation) anyways I sat on my deck, in my swing, filling the paddling pool, turning the sprinkler on and off while reading my Bible and a good fluffy fictional book and flipping through photography books and wedding magazines. I spent my day sipping iced tea ,after an emergency iced tea mix run to Costco and had a nice quiet exceptional day. As I sat outside I couldn't help but remember another cooker day that happened two years ago at the end of our church's soccer camp. It had to have been the hottest week of that summer and I found myself driving to Purden Lake every afternoon that week. Yup, give me sand and some water and I'm almost in heaven! Anyways, it was hot and our kids were outside every morning doing soccer drills and playing games and they were perspiring rather well. I had been asked to shoot photos of the camp and kids there and was super excited when I heard what was in store for the end! I'd just gotten my camera and was still babying it pathetically, but abandoned any fears when I discovered that a nearby firehall was going to come and spray on the kids for a while. WOO HOO!!! Here are few shots from that morning. Lots of fun and my camera survived the shower!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad someone is getting nice weather! It's not us, it is COLD this morning and we had frost warnings two nights this week. We really need rain so I don't mind that it's trying to do that but it is about 5 degrees!!

Auntie Lynn