About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Sunday, February 14, 2010

Do you believe?

Garth was asked the other day while attending some luncheon in Calgary whether he believes in Valentine's Day. So we discussed it on the phone and I agreed and affirmed the answer he had given to the couple that asked. He said, "Do I believe in it? Is it something to believe in?".
"Carly and I agreed a long time ago to forego any fuss on Valentine's Day."

You see we like to believe that showing and showering your love on one specific day a year isn't enough. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those Hallmark haters, I just don't go overboard on such days. I'm wearing blue today not red or pink or white... just blue and black. I will still celebrate the day just not in any over the top way. I may make Garth's favorite meal and dessert for dinner and that be it. No gifts are exchanged and no cards are purchased (sorry Hallmark- I make up for it other times!). Garth knows how much I love and adore him already so I don't go out of my way on the 14th. And I know how much I am loved and cherished by my guy. We make the effort to try and express that consistently and frequently without the prompting of anyone else.

BUT.... this year is totally different. You see Garth moved to Calgary last Saturday to start his new ministry position at Bethany Chapel and the boys and I are staying here until our house sells. As soon as I realized that we'd be apart for Valentine's Day and would be somewhat miserable because of the separation I decided to drop the whole "let's not do much on Valentine's Day". I hadn't mentioned anything to Garth about it so imagine my surprise yesterday to come home to a beautiful bouquet of red roses waiting for me at our front door. Through my tears I read the note and found a place to display them. They have a very prominent place in our living room and maybe just maybe that will be the piece de resistance to sell the house!

And even though I know how much Garth loves me already it was a great and very very timely reminder for me. It is true that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but please please don't tell me that. I already know!!! I have been very blessed to have a man in my life that I love, admire and respect. And not a day goes by that I am not reminded why I love him. And even though we're far apart I'm making sure to let him know that every day.

So I pray that you enjoy Valentine's Day in your own way. Even though I'm celebrating this one apart from Garth,I will still crack open a bottle of cranberry juice, eat some lindor chocolates and watch a movie with my boys.

Isn't the arrangement gorgeous?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we are like you and Garth......nothing extravagant and out of the way, we choose to love each other every day and every day is a blessing. I do love the flowers he surprised you with though....it is nice to get those visible reminds sometimes too. Great photo of it too.........not surprising there!!