About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, June 1, 2010

All about winning..... something.... anything

So last night I took part in what is an annual event at my church...... the annual spring fling thing. Doesn't tell you much yet does it? So... I'll explain. Basically a bunch of women get together in the church's nicely decorated gym and commence to politely vie for prizes in a raffle style formation. Did that make sense? I'm questioning my sentence building abilities right now, but will forget about it.... just this once!

Anyways, upon entering the gymnasium one was initally struck by the sheer number of women crammed into such a large space........ There were a lot of women present! And apparently this happens every year. The spring fling thing draws lots of women out to win a prize.

So I made my way to the ticket table and purchased a measly 4 tickets for $4.00(confession time here... I had to "borrow" some loonies from Ry's piggy bank to fund my need to win a prize). Yup.. I only bought 4 figuring that would be enough. Needless to say I was surprised when a women came up to the table with a twenty and said she'd be back!! Yipes! I know Ry did not have $20.00 lingering in that pig so I made due with my 4. I should mention that all the money made last night went to camp okotoks (http://www.campokotoks.com/). Which ended up being alot.... $2000.00! That was a lot of tickets sold!

So anyways, back to the contest of whose ticket would get picked. It was amusing to watch the faces of those who were anticipating their ticket to get picked out of the prize bag that they entered. It was even more amusing to hear the squeals of those who won or the questions raised when number 151 got called for another prize. So how did I do? Didn't win anything... but that was probably due to the fact that I only bought 4 tickets!

Anyways in the spirit of winning something I've decided to join in. Who doesn't like to win something... anything? So anyone who books a photo session this month will be entered into a draw to win a photo book created from the photos taken in the session. Again with the poor sentence structure huh?

So.... book a photo session for this month and be entered to win a photo book.

Have a great day!
I'm soooooo dreaming of some blue skies...... at least this reminds me what it looks like!

No comments: