About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hits and Misses - My swing is a little lonely

So I had planned on taking the afternoon off..... from life.... okay not really life entirely but from anything pressing other than my book and an icy drink. Then........ the weather struck..... AGAIN! I had such grand ideas of parking my bottom in my swing and finishing a book and starting a new one while guzzling 2 gallons of iced tea. Ry had that idea too (or he would have if the sun would have proven stronger!!). So now the inner debate begins..... sit inside on the couch with some hot chocolate and read or get back to real life and do some responsible things? Hhhmmmm, this may take some time.

And so here are some hits and misses that I've encountered recently.

Misses
- The weather system- seriously? More rain? More cool weather? Where is the heat? I need to sweat while sitting still outside... come on you can do it!
- Waiting in line- I know, what happened to being an adult and being patient? Well, it gets lost when you have to stand in line two afternoons in a row for a soccer team photo and a single photo (which we won't be buying.... I think my camera can do just as well!)
- No cruise control - really when I rent a car for an 8 hour one way drive I expect to have cruise control. And this didn't just happen one time, but 2! 2 trips from Calgary to PG with no cruise control. My right leg was sooooo done by the time I made it to my destination.... no cruise control?...BAD!! I did make good time though!

Hits
- Ted Dekker - I'm loving his writing right now! I'm sure you've all read his stuff, but I'm just getting on the band wagon. Finished Black am working on Red and have White sitting by my bed waiting for me!!

- Star Wars the clone wars - huh? you ask. Rented the movie this last weekend for the boys and even though we've watched it like 10 times.... I'm totally loving it! Have scheduled the weekly new episode on my list of things to do.
- Banana Bread - am loving the banana bread. Didn't make it for the longest time b/c I couldn't get it right, but maybe the bananas in Calgary are different. I don't know, but it sure tastes good!


This little guy here has enjoyed his quiet time in my backyard for the last week or two.... I can look out my window at various times and see him sitting there. At least he's enjoying the backyard.. as long as he stays OFF my swing!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This weather is INSANE!!!! It is raining AGAIN!! My plants have spent more days indoors than out, what's with that!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ted Dekker and I have a few of his books. I have Green which is his last one in the circle trilogy, but can be read first as well, making it a true circle. Also have a bunch of his books for the youth as well, which are good reads for the adults too.Let me know when you want them and you can borrow them! Love ya
Nik