About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, June 7, 2010

The kind of day it was

Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. That's the kind of day it was. The kind of day where an easy comfort meal was in order. The kind of day where errands and tasks are completed until you're run off your feet. The kind of day where it seems like the to do list keeps getting longer even as you check things off it. The kind of day where you didn't know if it was going to be hot and sunny, overcast or thunderstorm. So being a creative genius in the kitchen was not in the works for dinner tonight. Grilled cheese and tomato soup, a family favorite, everyone seems to know that when it's served it means that I'm tired, or completely confused about what to make for supper... the good old standbye. So how do you finish off a grilled cheese and tomato soup kind of day?

Sitting in the newly found sunshine at the playground I sat on a park bench and listened. Listened to my boys playing and screaming on the new playground we discovered last week. Listening to Garth try and play grounders with them. Listening to Garth agree to more kids playing and trying to explain to them that counting one to ten actually involved the numbers 3 to 9 also. Listening to them run in terror for fear they'd be tagged it next. Watching as Garth tried to manoveur through the child sized play area avoiding getting caught.

Feeling the sun on my face as I snuggled under Garth's jacket I was taken back to another place many many years earlier where I spent my spring evenings playing on the playground. But today's standards the playground I was thinking of would be boring. But it was my playground and I loved it. Running on the tire pathway, sliding down the tall long slide, trying not to fall off the merry go round and knocking the wind out of myself falling from the monkey bars. I loved that place and the freedom I had to ride my bike their by myself was amazing! There is something about playgrounds that brings a contentment. I love going with Tys and Ry and watching them enjoy themselves as they pretend and play. It was the perfect end to a grilled cheese and tomato soup kind of day.
Here are Tys and Ry playing on the tire pathway I used to play on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty good park to play at hey!!! I love taking the kids there when we visit Grandma and Grandpa and tell them I used to play there!! And tomato soup and grilled cheese are my old standby too!!Least the kids love them and it is easy to do:)
Nik