About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, June 4, 2012

Feeling Weird - Calgary Grad Photography

What girl doesn't love dressing up in a pretty dress?  As women we get two opportunities to dress up and go over the top if we like....our wedding and our high school graduation.  And I've yet to be disappointed with the photo shoots I've been part of! I love dress up...I love dressing up...I don't dress up very often (okay..it's rare that I dress up).  But I love seeing girls in gorgeous dresses. And since it's grad season I've seen quite a few this year!  I do have a question though....who decided that big puffy sleeves, ball gowns covered in lace was the best thing going? I mean really?  Today's grad gowns are gorgeous!


I had the chance to spend a little time with a group of friends from Centennial High School last week as they were heading off to their graduation banquet.  I remember that feeling of getting all dressed up, hair done, make up on and slipping on a great pair of shoes (okay mine were satin and dyed to match my dress, but back then THAT was great!) and swishing around in a beautiful dress.  It was fun hanging out with them on the train tracks and road trying not to get hit by passing motorists that slowed down just a little bit to catch a glimpse of the beauty on the side of the road.


I heard one of them say that it felt a little weird....wrapping their high school career up.  It is weird, the familiarity of knowing what to expect, the freedom of making their own life decisions, wearing a pair of high heel shoes that haven't been properly worn it...weird. But...exciting...and I know this group of friends will embrace the weirdness of it and come out successful.


Thanks for the fun afternoon you guys!  Congratulations and best of luck as you move on to the next step!

c koop photography
facebook








1 comment:

bloggingbambi said...

Lovely pics Carly!! Mariah looks gorgeous, congrats to all the grads!!!