About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, September 10, 2012

The RADIANT Jen - Calgary Beauty Photography

This session was a BLAST! You see....I know Jen fairly very very well....I guess for the last 35 years....you see...she's my sister...my little sister...my baby seeeeester....piccolo.....Jenny Penny.  We decided to try and do a RADIANT shoot while we were together in BC visiting my parents.  And the shoot became a family affair.  Our other sister Nikki showed her reflector prowess, my Mom watched my boys during the shoot and Dad came along as muscle.  You see we shot in the middle of bear country and Dad had to come along after mentioning that we might want to take bear spray along.  Once that was mentioned my sisters started FAAAREaking out about bears.  

Okay...faaaareaking may be a little strong...and it was more just one sister tense about it.  Many laughs were had right from the start as my Dad started yelling "Hey Bear!" as we wandered right through beary delicious appetizers...(did you get that? Beary? Like Berry?.......aaahhh..nevermind).  I do believe it was Nik that asked, "why would we greet the bear? Shouldn't we be yelling "GET AWAY BEAR!"'. Yes....as I said it was the start of the laughter.  So...as Dad "kept bear vigil" we started to shoot....after a while I noticed he was no longer being so vigilant and was scouring the riverbed for rocks....sigh....boys and rocks....apparently it never gets old....in any case, if anyone is looking for bear detail...give my dad a call!

It has become my belief that the people hardest to shoot are those you love....or those you love make you work a LOT harder! Jen? Made me work. And I loved it!  To show you how hard she made me work take a look at the last batch of images...this was shot in about a span of 8 seconds...the girl kept acting up every time I set her up...sigh....

Anyways, here is my gorgeous lil' sis Jen. She's not only beautiful but she is funny, motivated, encouraging and loves...deeply.  She is an amazing woman; takes whatever life hands her and keeps moving!  Jen is focussed, fun, and fabulous! She works hard but when she's not working, she's working hard at having a good time. I am very honoured and proud to call her my sister and my friend.  I love you Jen!

If you're interested in having some photos of you...just for you or for those you love please contact me about my Radiant/Beauty shoots.  We all need some great images of ourselves don't we?

carly@ckoop.com
Jen.....RAWR!


I LOVE this shot of Jen...not my normal edit or pose but LOVE it...isn't she gorgeous?




The many faces of Jen....I love them all.

Remember I said Jen made me work? Well, here is Jen "trying" to follow my directions and get ready for a shot...needless to say it took a while for her to focus and for me to wipe the tears from eyes as I was laughing so hard!

6 comments:

Joelene Mills said...

Love it! I can't wait for our session! We won't have bears, but it will be a blast!!

Anonymous said...

Carly....THANK YOU...i had SO much fun doing the Radiant shoot. It was nice to be able to spend a few hours just us sisters (even though Dad was "present" but rather distracted by rocks lol). Aaaand, i must say i nailed the poses...you just don't want to admit i was mirroring yours ;)
Love you!
Jen

Lynn said...

Jen Jen is what I remember calling you:) you are a beautiful woman and your sister did a great job capturing that in these photos. So glad my bro was there to protect you urr was it find rocks! Nik did her amazing job again with that reflector!! Love you girls and I can hear your laughter from years gone by and know you had a blast!

joan said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I am sitting here crying and laughing and crying some more. Terrific pictures Carly - you have shown the beautiful woman that is our precious Jen!!! And, thanks for the neat words - i had a little trip down memory lane too. Along with what Lynn had to say....pretty neat!! now is it chin up and out?? ;)

Anonymous said...

What a hoot it was!!! We need Jen here for mine to see her skills with the reflector:). And truth be told Papa was collecting rocks for his "little princess" as he calls Rachel - a good Papa he is ;)! Gus, you are radiant lil sis - love you so much and miss you tons! It was a blast, just being the crazy sisters and walking down memory lane:) Love ya
Nik

Sandi said...

Okay I am so jealous! You are amazing! All your pics are wonderful! Your radiant pics are incredible! Jen is so photogenic to begin with & you make her glow : ) One of these days!!!!
Love me

Auntie Sandi K