About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, September 17, 2012

Celebrating 60.....Calgary Family Photography


This was a fun afternoon.  I spent a couple hours in downtown Calgary and Prince's Island Park with Mary and her family.  They were gathered together to celebrate her Dad.  Ed was celebrating his 60th birthday and they decided it was a good idea to gift him some family photos......I concur!  I met up with the family and we wandered around the park and area finding quiet spots to take photos. 

It took about 5 whole minutes for me to realize that this family was/is fun.  Such a warm group of people, they had me laughing and joking along in a matter of minutes.  Ed and Helen have been married 35 years and it was so neat to see the twinkle in their eyes as they looked at each other.  Ed had asked that I make sure I get some romantic urban photos and although I wasn't exactly sure what he meant I think I succeeded.  All he wanted was some shots of him holding his wife....mission accomplished.

The park was busy with others wanting to enjoy the gorgeous weather and I knew I was in good company when someone mentioned the exact thing I was thinking.....have you ever noticed how some dog owners resemble their dogs? Well....we saw evidence that afternoon along with a few other freaky things.  It was a great time with this family and hope they enjoy the images as much as I did shooting them!  I have too many I love to call a favourite in this series....such a gorgeous group!

If you're wanting to update your family photos and get some new images up on your wall.....send me a message!

carly@ckoop.com







1 comment:

joan said...

very nice Carly! They look like a happy, happy family.....