About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, October 1, 2012

A family bond knows no distance - Calgary Family Photographer

Some people just connect right away and sometimes they're blessed enough that the whole family connects.  This is the case with the Elkatib and Puolakka families.....they just said goodbye at the airport this evening and I'm certain that many tears were shed.  You see they've only known each other for a few years and are separated by the Atlantic Ocean but these two families are one big family.  They met through mutual friends and things just took off......an instant connection and the friendship grew.  The Puolakka family welcomed little J into their home earlier this year and the Elkatib's were unable to make it to Finland to greet her so they just put off that celebration until now......Little J captured everyone's hearts right away and I know a little J shaped hole has been left in the Elkatib house.

I had the absolute pleasure of spending a little time with both of these families last week.  Of course it was the only day in the last 20 that was totally ugly.  Instead of spending an evening enjoying the gorgeous fall weather we pushed through all the photos in about 45 minutes trying to keep everyone warm and little J smiling......I think we succeeded...in spite of the cooler weather and colour I had a great time!

If you're interested in updating your images on your wall contact me and we'll make a photo date!

carly@ckoop.com

Love her eyes!



Joelene.....is just beautiful!

I think that maybe...just maybe....they spend a LOT of time laughing together!


Check out these handsome guys!







1 comment:

joan said...

great pictures Carly! And, that little lady - those eyes are amazing!