About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, May 26, 2009

James and Cori-lynn

I met Cori-lynn about 2 years ago when we started working together at Gold's Gym in Prince George. We commiserated over job issues, life issues and became friends in the process. So it was a great honor and my pleasure to be able to photograph what was a beautiful day and the start of an amazing marriage.
We were both concerned when it decided to snow again about 7 days before the wedding. Snow in April in PG can mean many things. And we were hoping and praying that the snow would melt and that we'd have a dry day. Well it did melt, but it wasn't dry enough to expose her dress to the elements. Her yard was a muddy mess and it did rain for a portion of the day so she actually got dressed at the church and her dress stayed clean until the end when we did have her and James pose in an alley. But I think getting the dress a little dirty was totally worth it considering some of the shots we got! (it wasn't really dirty - just some brown along the bottom hem!). Anyways, congratulations James and Cori-lynn - you planned a beautiful wedding, a great party, a what sounds to be a relaxing honeymoon (Costa Rica for a month!!!I'm a little green with jealousy!!). I pray that your marriage will continue to be a place full of love, filled with adventure and a safe place to be yourselves. Keep in touch!
We found a great little spot to shoot and had James and Cori-lynn sit down and take a little break.
I think they needed it!
It was fun to catch them "being alone" amidst the crowd of their families and wedding party!
There are too many photos like this to be able to say that this is my absolute favorite of the day, but it is up there! Just gorgeous!! Sigh!

The light was amazing and the bride was beautiful, you couldn't ask for a better combination.


I caught James in a rather reflective moment!


This is another favorite from the day. Gorgeous!


We found a great alley and had SUCH a fun time. I think that they enjoyed this too. Everyone seemed to really relax and have fun and play (photographers included) Check out Cori-lynn- she was working it!



No comments: