About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Wet and Wonderful Weekend.

As I stare out my patio door I can't help but remember another rainy weekend that took place last summer as my family made an attempt to gather. We decided on a location and then moved it that evening as the rain prevailed and the cold was chilling us to the bone. We found a different campground (RV Park actually) and I was rather disappointed that we were in a campground with no trees, no firepit at our site, big hulking RV's across the path....... where was nature?
Now in hindsight, I am thankful that nature was missing and that we had the comforts of the RV world. I was just recovering from a rather bad battle with my skin and was still needing some comforts of home and this place did it. How many tent campgrounds do you know that have radiant floor heating in their shower rooms? It was heaven in the washrooms let me tell you! Even though it rained for the better part of 2 days and I was cold, the washrooms never let me down. Now the weekend wasn't a bust at all, just kind of wet and cold. We washed our dishes with warm water in the laundromat, ate our meals under a great shelter and the Lord decided that it didn't need to rain at night while we were around the campfire just across the path from our tents. And we got in some great kid-friendly hikes. So even though I know some of my friends are toughing it out this weekend in their tents- sitting around campfires in this drizzle I know that they are having fun and will enjoy their time away.
I am very thankful for the good weekend with my family. My boys never complained at all, only when I made them wear hoodies and raincoats! We did have some sunny and kind of warm periods and that was when these photos were taken. Strangely I have very few of the adults from the weekend, not too sure why, maybe the kids were more fun? Who knows!

I actually do plan to start to post some photos other than my family, but am in the middle of a big edit and need to finish it, so I'm filling this space right now with already edited photos. Perhaps the next entry will contain some wedding stuff.
Rachel making yet another face - as you'll see a few pictures down her sister does the same thing - I'm thinking their mom has something to do with it!

Josh inspiring the others to jump - nobody was ready to follow quite yet, maybe this summer?

Yet another cousin making a face - could it be in the blood?

Tys and Carsen - what can I say? Rylen - a knight fighting with his sword. I love this shot - the light, the color, the sky, the little boy. Wow!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your thinking their mom has something to do with it? HAHAHA very funny!! It was a defense mechanism for me when I was younger, to fend of the merciless attacks on me by you:) Great pics Carleen, and I really can't wait to get together so we can do some more!!! Loving all the shots and the stories to!!
Nik