About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Christmas

It's Christmas. And this year it's certainly different for my family.  There will be no 3 hour drive to Nami and Popi's house Christmas morning to spend a few days with them.  Christmas Eve looks different for us this year too, this will be the first time in years where we sit and watch instead of participate.  Not that it's bad, just different.  I'm finding myself in a sentimental place right now.  And I think that in the midst of being sentimental I'm forgetting why Christmas exists.  I'm focussed on how things are different and mourning the differences.  And that's not what I should be doing.  This advent season has flown by for me and I'm now struggling to focus on what I should be.....the birth of Jesus.  So...as I make my way through the last few days before Christmas and 2011 I will be working hard on shifting my focus from me to HIM.

Click on the link below to watch a video with the music from a great group of guys.  Loving music as much as I do you know that this song is played frequently at my house and has become a bedtime favorite.  "Mommy, can you please sing how many kings?"  And I oblige because I love the song and the lyrics hit me each and every time.  I hope hearing this song will impact you too.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Merry Christmas to all of you Carly! I love that song too. I know your mom and dad will be missing you too. Changes - life seems to be full of them!

Mom said...

Great posting Carly! And, I too have been focusing on not being with family! and, no focusing on what truly matters! Am working on it. :-) But, having said that - I am missing all you girls and your little people - even missing Cam and Garth. have been thinking about that Christmas we spent together in Calgary when Dean and Jen were still married - that was likely the last Christmas we were all together as a family! Sad huh! need to get that changed or else move Christmas for our family! So, we will spend some part of Christams with great friends from our church family and shall be missing all of you guys. But, in the midst of it - shall be thankful for each of you and the blessings of family! And, that Christ came and gave us a reason to celebrate Him! We too love this song - some of the singers sang it at church last year for our Christmas Eve service as a thank you to us - they knew we knew these guys and love the song. pretty nice thank you. talk to you tomorrow. love you guys!