About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, December 9, 2010

Playing around in my backyard (okay almost my backyard)

So I find myself very fortunate to have a whole new palette of wonderful locations to shoot.  I had big plans of scouting locations all summer long and failed to get around to it due to having two little boys around that weren't big on slowly wandering around places while I took photos.  So my list of places to check out is largely unchecked and I'm slowly making my way around Calgary finding treasures to use for photoshoots.

And...how amazing that I have this in my backyard? Okay not really my backyard, but it's like a 5 minute drive from my house.  When I shot a family here a few weeks ago I was struck by how beautiful this spot is.  I had shot the Williams family here earlier in the summer but never walked far enough to find this spot.  I snapped a few shots before the McCollister family arrived and was squealing as I was envisioning a bride and groom in this location.  A quiet squeal really, nothing to draw attention to myself.  So...if you know of a couple that needs a wedding photographer or are a bride looking for a photographer, give me a call!  I'd love to use this spot!!!

Anyways, I know I've been terrible in my posting lately and thought I'd drop this for today.  I'm finally getting around to a Round 2 wedding shoot and will hopefully have something to show you soon!







2 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm so glad to have been instrumental in helping you find a shoot location close to home. I'm sure if my girls hadn't been so entranced by the swings and the bridge, we might have found these gems a little sooner, LOL! BTW, congrats on your latest wedding bookings...I hope they're merely the icing on the cake!

Carly Koop said...

Thanks Lesley! We'll just have to hit that spot next year!! Things seem to be rolling along now....I'm hoping to meet my goals for 2011. I guess I'll have to wait though...something I'm not really good at!