About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Remember When....eating snow was part of a healthy balanced snack time?

I'm sitting at my kitchen table typing this blog entry while my boys color NHL hockey logo coloring pages and yet again I'm reminded of how simple life can be if we let it.  I'm continually reminded by these two boys about how to embrace life fully.  They are teaching me everyday...and I'm so grateful for Tysen and Rylen.  The joy that comes from dressing a teddy in an Obi Wan Kenobi costume or building the coolest movie theater out of lego is exactly what I need to be finding in my everyday.

So...because I've got these two in my life I decided to start a new entry for my blog....Remember When?  A chance for me to share what Tysen and Rylen are teaching me.  My favorite teacher was quoted as saying, "Unless you become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Mt. 18:3) and I agree!   I need to be teachable and grasp some of those things that I have forgotten.  To have childlike humility and innocence, to believe in the impossible and to laugh and just enjoy.

 So....this remember when involves taking time to enjoy the small things.  You really can't get much smaller than a snowflake and still be able to enjoy it like Tys, Ry and their buddy A did the other day on the sledding hill.  Enough time had been spent catapulting themselves down a hill on their sleds trying to see who could hit the jump the highest...it was time for a rest and have some snow......to eat.  I totally remember sitting in snowdrifts eating my share of snow off my frosty mittens. And when I saw the boys stopping to do it too, I was taken back to the farm and my adventures in the snow.








No comments: