About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another concert in the car.

So....I consider one of my jobs as a mom is to embarrass my children on a consistent basis. It's not something I learned from my own mother (at least nothing I can share on the blog....she does read it you know!!) I learned this all on my own. Tysen was sick today and because I had made a meeting that I didn't want to cancel again I just brought him along. It was a short meeting, but a rather long drive and when it's a long drive, the road trip music comes out. I've got my music cranked and am enjoying myself singing along and I find myself checking my rearview mirror just in time to see Tys roll his eyes at me! It gets worse when he realizes that people in other cars can see me seeing my heart out in true Carly Koop concert format. Too bad buddy! If I'm comfortable enough to hold my finger mike up to my mouth and sing get used to it!!! Aaahhh, wait a minute, wait a minute...I'm now remembering my mom doing the same thing! Wow, the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree! You can bet that these concerts will continue and I'm sure the eye rolls will get bigger and more frequent.


On another note I'm a fairweather runner. Yup, once the temperature drops lower than -8 (ish) I call it quits until spring. But today's music selection has geared me up for the running season. I've found a new song to add to my play list for running. It inspired me so much that I've now pulled out the trusty sneakers and am ready to run!! Take a listen and tell me what you think....does it make you move?  Yup....what you see on the screen?  I totally see this video in my head while I'm doing my own concert.  Could totally happen.



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tys should be glad that you have such a great voice :) My car concerts would be a WHOLE lot of levels worse than yours are, I pretty sure!
Janette

Anonymous said...

Carly - are you refering to blue moon moments....

Adrienne said...

Love the song and her boots! Joshua tells me to stop singing most of the time when he's in the car and if I turn off the radio he tells me to turn it on.

Anonymous said...

Ha!! I was just thinking the Blue Moon moments in the car......loud and funny!! And at least you have an amazing voice, so your concerts would be enjoyable. I sound like Carrie Underwood when I am all alone in the van:)
Love ya
Nik