About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, March 3, 2011

There will be a next time - playing in the river

I was going through some photos on my laptop the other day and came across these treasures.  I can't believe that I hadn't done anything with them, but was thankful to have the time to go through them and at least mentally warm up!!

I remember this afternoon very clearly, it was a gorgeous summer day with just the appropriate amount of heat for the average person. Me?  Not average (at least in this dept.).....I LOVE the heat, I could live in Phoenix in July I love it so much. Anyways, I like the summer, but right now it's the complete opposite.....I think my hands have been freezing cold for at least the last week.  I find myself washing my hands longer than the required alphabet song, I will sing it a couple times and make up a chorus or two just so my hands can stay nice and warm!

Back to that afternoon.  Our new friends Bill and Jacqueline invited us for a spur of the moment picnic in the park. So we grabbed some Arby's and headed to the park.  They found the perfect picnic spot and we parked ourselves and spent time enjoying the sun and the sound of the river gurgling beside us.  It didn't take the boys anytime to figure out how to cool off, not just a little sprinkle or splash, but rather wading out into the river and racing back and forth between the banks became the game.  Tys and Ry were following the lead of two young men that they absolutely love!  Bryce and Brent have become some important people in my boys life and so when they jumped into the river Tys and Ry were soon to follow!

What followed was a great afternoon watching all the boys (husbands too!) play in the river.  And being boys they had boat races (don't all boys like races?) made out of whatever they could find.  Jacqueline and I lounged on the riverbank taking photos, talking, laughing, and wishing for iced capps, but we were far too comfortable to move. 

It was the perfect afternoon with great friends.  Next time, and I sure hope there will be a next time, we'll bring boat making supplies and will pick up iced capps on the way. 













1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love these Carly, oh how I long for summer!! I'm tired of SNOW, WIND and FREEZING COLD