About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Sunday, July 10, 2011

Candice and Jamie - Calgary Engagement Photos

You know how they say 3rd times the charm?  Well sometimes it's 2nd times the charm.....6 years ago Jamie and Candice were set up, dated for four months got to know each other well and well....things cooled down and they both went their own ways.  Fast forward 5 years later...Easter weekend Jamie calls Candice out of the blue and asks her out on a date.....2nd time around?  Not charming, but perfect.  And perfect for each other is how I'd describe these two. 

It was a pleasure to spend an evening with these two in front of my camera.  I didn't have to ask one time for them to get closer and Jamie held Candice as close as possible the whole evening.  I LOVE seeing my couples enjoy spending some quality time together, snuggling, whispering, laughing and relaxing.  I especially like seeing my brides to be taken care of by their fiancee.  I have a man in my life that puts my needs first and that takes care of those little things and I love seeing that in the relationships of my couples.  Jamie takes care of Candice.....except for maybe when it comes to spiders. 

We were in the middle of the shoot and it was kinda quiet, and intimate as I had asked Jamie to lean in close to Candice.  He leaned in and they were enjoying a moment when all of a sudden Candice bursts out laughing....and me being the inquisitor asked what was so funny.  Candice says, "Jamie whispered into my ear....you have a spider in your hair."  What a focussed guy....no need to upset anything because we needed the shot!!

Jamie and Candice went to Banff for a weekend in January to celebrate Candice's birthday.  They went out for a nice dinner and came back to their hotel room where Candice discovered candles and champagne and Jamie asking her to spend the rest of her life with Jamie....and here we are now waiting for their September wedding.

I had so much fun with these two and look forward to their wedding day, I know it will be one filled with joy.  I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I did shooting them!!  I had a hard time picking out my fave...actually I couldn't....which one is your favorite?  My indecision needs some guidance!









 "Candice....my love....you...have a spider in your hair."


 Seriously Candice....you are just gorgeous!!

No comments: