About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, August 8, 2011

Matthew and Stephanie Got Married - Unity Wedding Photography

Heading home can sometimes not be what you expect.  People move, things change, hills appear smaller than they once were, favorite climbing trees get cut down, you know the usual stuff.  Heading home this last week meant that I had an opportunity to spend the day with my cousin Stephanie and her husband Matthew as they exchanged vows and started their married life together.  I actually knew Matthew, he lived down the street from me and I remember a little boy on a tricycle riding up and down the block.  Stephanie?  Well she was this little cutie with the squishiest cheeks ever and a smile that could melt the coldest of hearts.  Somehow these two met up and even though Matthew can now ride on two wheels and Stephanie no longer has squishy cheeks these were good changes. 

I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with these two.  I think we all relaxed a little bit more once we were done with family and wedding party photos.  Not that they aren't fun, but as I've said before my favorite part of the day is getting away with my bride and groom and documenting their day just the two of them.  It's that time that I can capture that photo that is going to grace their walls forever, something that will be viewed in the years to come for generations to enjoy.  

I was excited to shoot in the place where I grew up....I had loads of ideas in my head before I even got there, but totally surprised myself with what I found.  I'm so in love with these images and I can't wait to edit the rest of them!!

Matthew and Stephanie it was a great pleasure to spend your wedding day with you.  I can attest to how much these two are in love and am so excited for Stephanie as I believe she's got a great guy in Matthew.  And Matthew?  You are a lucky lucky man and I like you even more because you know it!  Welcome to the family....yes we are a little crazy...okay some more than others, but I'm thinking you'll fit right in!!  I'm very honored that you asked me to document this day, I hope you enjoy the images as much as I do! 

Big shout out to Sarah Fielding (sister of the groom) of Pure Bliss Hair Design in Swift Current for styling a whole pile of hair! She did a super job and got a lot of hair styled in a short time and then managed to look gorge at the ceremony!  She used a LOT of hairspray....I should know I could smell the suite down the hall!! And thanks to Lesley Heather of Spa City Esthetics in Unity for giving Stephanie a beautiful glow.  These two ladies are definitely on my recommended list!

I love reading comments, so please feel free to speak up!













Isn't she gorgeous?  I mean really! No squishy cheeks with this girl....just stunning beauty!


 Love Love LOVE these next set of images and am already making plans for
another shoot there!  Any Unity brides needing a photographer? ;-)




 We wrapped things up at this new fave location just as a wicked rain storm blew in. 
We had the most amazing sky! 





No comments: