About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Barry and Paula Got Married! - Kananaskis Wedding Photography

"Do you have THE itinerary" Barry asked me as we visited in his hotel room a few hours before his wedding.  "Itinerary?" I asked with baited breath and heart pounding, "there's an itinerary?".  LOVED IT!  Being anal retentive involves planning, over planning and uber planning and I am that!  Paula had worked out an intinerary to a T....everything and I mean everything was on that thing!  It put my little wedding day photography schedule to shame.  I did still refer to my own schedule because I had memorized it!  (lame....I know)

So with such a great way to start the day with the itinerary I knew KNEW it was going to be an amazing day....which it was.  From the very first time I met Barry and Paula I have been in awe of them.  These two put everyone at ease immediately.  If you are not their friend when you meet them, you are by the time coffee is done. So I was looking forward to spending the day with them and those close to them.

Paula is gorgeous to begin with and got even gorgeouser (I know not a word, but I don't care!) with the help of the staff at Rapunzel's in Canmore.  I know that Barry found himself stunned at her gorgeousness as she walked down the aisle because I was tearing up watching him as he was tearing up watching her make her way towards him!  I don't usually cry at weddings, but this was an exception, and I know that I wasn't the only one needing tissues on Sunday!! I told Paula more than once (okay it was probably a dozen times) that I loved her look for the day.  The gown, the hair, the shoes, the flowers (thanks to Elements Floral in Canmore) just a perfect compliment to Paula.

It was a great day made even more so by the stunning beauty of the Rocky Mountains and the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis. Photo locations abounded and I struggled to choose which places to head!  Garth and I had a great time with Barry, Paula and their wedding party.  We immediately felt like we'd known them for years and they welcomed us into their fold right away.  It's too bad we had to head home to pick up our boys otherwise spending some more time with them during the dance would have been a lot of fun.  Images from their party at the Delta Lodge to soon follow.

Congratulations Barry and Paula!  Thank you for including us in your day, we are very honored and are pleased to call you our friends.  Enjoy the images!














 Just beautiful Paula....beautiful.


It took great restraint for me not to sing "the hills are alive
with the sound of music....aaaaahhhhh." at the top of my lungs. 
(Common sense and the knowledge that I didn't need to
add to my reputation kept me from doing it....barely!)
 But the views! Seriously!


Love this shot...."pretend you're on a picnic and
you've got on a large white dress that you don't want
to get too dirty and you're carrying flowers
and oh...you forgot the food"





No comments: