About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, August 9, 2012

Celebrating 90 Years with the Ma Family - Calgary Family Photography

Sam Ma was born in August 1922.....he moved to Canada about 30 years ago. And this last Sunday I had the privilege of meeting him and his family.  His grandchildren came home for the weekend to honour him and celebrate Sam's 90th birthday.  I didn't get the opportunity to visit with Sam as we don't speak the same language, but I will tell you this. It was cooking hot outside on Sunday and Sam put up with me, my camera, and location ideas and didn't complain.  He quietly followed me as I made suggestions and then he made photo requests along the way.  I enjoyed his quiet way and reserved smile that he pulled out when I needed it!

Prince's Island Park was hopping with people on Sunday. Everyone was wanting to enjoy the gorgeous weather, and either find some good shade or soak up the sun in the water!  The Peace Bridge was full of families enjoying the day and I got watch the police apprehend or ticket some poor fool that decided jumping off the bridge would be a great way to cool off....sigh....camera was not in hand at that time.  In spite of the busyness of the park, we prevailed and found some nice shady spots to take photos, even if it required me stepping out of my comfort zone and asking random strangers to move...although I did work around the shirtless elderly gentlemen sporty a portly stature....dude wouldn't get out of my shot! Thank goodness for cropping!! ;-)

It was a great pleasure to meet the Ma family and I'm sure they had a great dinner on Sunday night. Thanks for asking me to capture this moment in time, I had fun getting to know you!

If you're interested in capturing a moment in time in your life contact me!
carly@ckoop.com









1 comment:

joan said...

These are great pictures - love the red. they look like such a happy family....