About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, June 15, 2011

For Keeps - wedding guest book/album

It's been almost 18 years, but I still find myself heading to my wedding albums at least a couple times a year, just to remember that day.  It will be forever ingrained in my mind, but over the years a few things are fading....HEY!...that happens as you age you know, things fade (I sure wish it was crows feet, but hey, can't be choosy I guess.).  I will stop to look at a specific image and will be taken back to that moment, and quite possibly even remember what was being said at the time....(selective memory people!!!).  One thing I don't think I've done but once is flip through my guest book.  Yes I still have it and it has it's special place in that box under the stairs, who knows I may need it sometime to compare handwriting or confirm that a specific person attended our wedding.  It may come up in conversation sometime and a girl has got to be prepared for anything!!

This is why I love the guest book album....images taken from your engagement session put into a guest book that can be signed on your wedding day.  I was excited to see Reava and Steve's album at their reception and dance.  It was great to see guests taking time to flip through the album, read Reava and Steve's answers to some questions, find out how Steve proposed and pick out their favorite image to sign by.  Some guests just sign their names, others leave a message of congratulations or piece of advice...it's a great way for your guests to have another lasting part of your wedding day.  Because chances are pretty good that you'll pick up that album and flip through it in the years ahead.










2 comments:

Steph @ Sorella said...

LOVE THIS!! Great idea Carly. I love the personalized touch this gives this special day...this is definately a MUST for a coffee table :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a great looking book - love the first quote too!! You do AMAZING work my very blessed sister!!
Love Nik