About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Steve and Reava's Party

I had a blast.....Steve and Reava know how to throw a party! 

There were many moments that I laughed...out loud...yup....that loud laugh...but I think the loudest was when I saw Steve and Reava's faces at one announcement.  Steve's aunts couldn't make the wedding and sent a greeting to be read...Steve's mom read "Sorry we can't be there, we'd like to give you 2 a  2 week all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas.....(shocked faces and loud gasps from everyone)....BUT we can't afford that." The message then proceeded to pass on congratulations but I don't know if anyone heard the rest as we were all laughing at the joke and at Steve and Reava's expressions!  From pure shock to surprise to laughter....priceless!

Stories were shared, tears of appreciation were shed and the laughter was abundant.....all important parts of a wedding celebration.  I had mentioned in my previous post about how that one statement had summed up the day for me.  I think the other thing that stood out for me was how Steve and Reava enjoyed every moment of their day, especially dancing.  It was so fun to watch them together on the dance floor, from singing their first dance song to eachother while dancing to showing some serious dance moves later on, they had a great time!   

The hall looked amazing full of green....beautiful floral centerpieces and candy to munch on.  I loved the centerpieces and was surprised to learn that Reava's grandma flew in early to make them all!   Amanda of Calgary Wedding Company made sure the whole day was flowing smoothly and kept on top of what was going on. 

Randy of DJXpress did a great job getting everyone onto the dance floor and keeping there!  He definitely kept the party hopping!

It was a great day and I feel so fortunate and blessed that I get to do this!  I love walking away from the day of a wedding shoot knowing that I've made some new friends.....congratulations Steve and Reava, I wish all the best.

Carly









Can I just say that I LOVE this image!!!! LOVE it!!






No comments: