About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, September 23, 2011

Barry and Paula's Party - Kananaskis Wedding Photography

These two know how to throw a party! Now it may have something to do with the fact that they are on staff at the Delta in Kananaskis, or that they have talented friends, or that everyone just really knows how to party. BUT....I think it has everything to do with who Barry and Paula are.  They are a fun loving, loyal, true and caring couple and because of those qualities everyone around them exudes those qualities as well.


I can honestly say we had a great time at their party.....so much so we were wishing we could have made plans for overnight childcare for the boys!  From the moment we walked into their wedding day we felt like we were part of the family.  It was so much fun going over the edits in the last few days.  I was smiling as I looked at some images and remembered moments or things said during the day.


The reception was great!  The Delta Lodge at Kananaskis closed Seasons Steakhouse for the night and got everything ready for a memorable evening.  I loved the decor and the colors that Paula chose, it totally complimented the dark wood in the room.  (Look at me!! I'm sounding like a decorator huh?  Come by my house sometime and you'll learn the truth!!).  Thanks to Elements Floral for the great centerpieces! We ate the most delicious meal...ever...seriously...ever.  I could have asked for seconds but somehow I don't think that would have looked good!  The portions were plentiful and I would have been gluttonous!

Ken of NRG Music Productions kept the party going and knew exactly what song to play when. If you are ever in need of music for your event give Ken a call, seriously, call him!  Everyone was on the dance floor showing their moves, especially Paula's grandpa.  Man if I have half his energy at his age I'll be running marathons!!

It was a beautiful day with a great couple and we are so thankful that we were able to share it with Barry and Paula and their family.  Thank you for welcoming us into your fold, we were blessed.





 I could write two pages on why this dessert was amazing, but I'll just let
the image tell it. I will say though that I hope that this dessert
 is available at Season's Steakhouse, because I'd go back just for that!!



 Barry and Paula's friends performed a couple songs during the dance. 
They were amazing!  I was trying to shoot and dance at the same time. 
I'm not a dancer at all, so imagine how I fumbled around while trying to shoot!




No comments: