About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vince and Carol Got Married!!! Calgary Wedding Photography

" Um....Nope....not acceptable."  were the words I heard Carol say as she opened the red envelope offered at the front door from Vince and his groomsmen.  I was shocked at first....why...why not Carol?  How much money was acceptable for her? ......THEN....she showed what was in the envelope...a Mark's Work Wearhouse $10 off coupon.  Not acceptable?  I guess!

The house was buzzing....make up getting done, hair being touched up, music playing in the background, conversations at various locations throughout the main floor.  Everyone was focussed on one thing... the wedding.  Carol and Vince were getting married in just a few hours and things were wrapping up in the beautification department and were moving into how to make Vince and his groomsmen work to get in the door.  The bridesmaids were going over last minute details and confirming what the punishment would be for failure to complete the tasks.  Carol? Well Carol was sitting comfortably in her pj's in a chair getting her hair done. All relaxed and somewhat calm given the fact that she was going to become a Mrs. in a few short hours.  And what were my second shooter Tamara and I doing? Well in between catching photos of everything we kept walking back to Carol's shoes to drool just a little bit more each time.  You'll see why we were drooling when you scroll down.  Gorgeous Christian Laboutin shoes!  Of course I wouldn't have actually put them on, but Carol and I do share the same shoe size so if she's ever wanting to get rid of them I'd gladly accept them!  No I probably wouldn't wear them, but I'd put them in an important spot where I could admire them daily!

I had the absolute pleasure of spending the day with Vince, Carol and all their family and friends as they pledged their lives to each other.  It was a beautiful day where the bride glowed, the groom had a perma grin and laughter was in the air.  This was my first chinese wedding and I learned ALOT but I'll save that for the party post.  It was a beautiful day as we shot outside at a couple Calgary locations.

Carol's hair and make up was amazing and I was reminded again as I watched the process that I could never be a stylist!  Thanks to Beautiful Bride for creating a beautiful look for Carol and her bridesmaids.  Carol's look was refined, polished and elegant thanks to Olga Onulov . The flowers were just beautiful thanks to Modern Petals.  Their ceremony was at Knox United Church which needs nothing to make it more beautiful, the ceremony was lovely and made even more so by vows that Vince and Carol had written themselves.  The promises they shared totally encapsulated their relationship and love; it was a special moment to hear the promises they made to each other.  Congratulations Vince and Carol!!

Enjoy the images!!

Share some comment love!

c koop photography
facebook

Thought this was a great way to start the images as
this is one of my faves from the day.


Wait...wait for it...WAIT FOR IT.....aren't they just beautiful?
And if you're a man reading this and not
understanding....you're not supposed to!!




Application of lipstick can be sketchy for some of us women
on a good day so I was impressed at how Vince and
his brother in law Michael made this work with no hands!

The bridesmaids laughing at their expense!

Finally! The contents of the red envelope were acceptable!





  




Wow Carol. Seriously you are gorgeous!

 Vince...you're not bad either!!


In typical pre-bridal preparation Carol had cut down on the carbs
and was not impressed that Vince was eating a McDonald's
cheeseburger in the middle of the shoot.  I believe that a
pizza was in the works for Carol for Sunday's lunch.

Beautiful flowers courtesy of Modern Petals.



Oh...look! Did I mention that Carol has some great shoes?

Everyone let me introduce you to Carol, my Vogue
reading/posing bride.  Isn't she stunning?




3 comments:

Carly Koop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joan said...

I will tell you - these pictures are just amazing - just totally amazing!!!!!! Love all the looks you captured - and do love the vogue look too. And, the shoes - drool, drool, drool.... I know that I am a tad bias but your photography just keeps getting better and better. have fun trying some of the new stuff you learned at yesterday's workshop.

Taylor Jackson said...

I understand the awesomeness of the shoes!!!! great shot! Men don't get it but I am drooling over here in Toronto! So glad I came across your blog today!