About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, August 7, 2009

Engagement ~ Ken and Haley

They were friends for years spending time together in groups but never really considering the other as dateable material. It was many years before either was love struck. As I sat and visited with them over a rootbeer at the local A&W, I was struck by how relaxed and certain they both were about spending the rest of their lives together.

We spent some time together in a friend's yard and had a great time taking photos. Once they got over that initial uncomfortable deal of being infront of the camera I got to see the real Ken and Haley and I liked it!

One would often start laughing about something and it would take a very short time for the other to join in. That and they did create a bit of a problem for me in the kissing department. Not that they wouldn't kiss, but that I couldn't get them to stop!! I ended up just getting what I needed and then would walk away to give them some more time alone.

Which is actually the purpose of these connection times. I really want the engagement photo sessions to be a time for the couple to relax in front the camera, relax with me around and most importantly to just have some time together where they aren't bogged down by life, work or wedding. And I think that these photos will clearlys show that they enjoyed their alone time even though there was a camera present!! I really don't think that I could pick out a favorite from these --- waaaaaay too hard! Which is your favorite?


On another note if you are wanting to book photos for the fall, please let me know soon so I can fit you into my schedule. I can usually get what I need in an hour or hour and a half. I'd love to catch your family, your dog, your kids, you and your significant other or just you infront of the camera!!


No comments: