About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, August 24, 2009

Painted Faces

She stood up, bent down and grabbed the handle to her wagon and moved away from the waterpark heading towards the playground. The wagon was parked and she moved around from group to group stopping to talk to the adults. As she approached our little group I couldn't help but compare her to Maria Von Trapp from the Sound of Music. Apron-like dress with tights and sensible shoes - except that she had a butterfly painted on her face! "I'm doing some face painting over there on the blanket if you're interested. By donation.... I'm trying to add to my college fund for this fall."

By donation? So a quarter would do for a little face paint on the boys?..... Why not? So we picked up our picnic gear and headed over to the blanket. 8 children lined up for some paint - 6 of those belonging to my sister and I.

Well.... let me tell you..... this face painting was not worth a quarter..... we ended up giving her $5.00 a face! She was amazing! And the boys loved their faces!!!! My poor nieces and nephews did get the short end of the stick as she seemed to stop the whole face thing by child number 4 in line. But my boys did get their faces painted how they wanted. Take a look! I was totally impressed by her skill and her paint! It was costly paint, and it showed in the fact that there were no tears when it came time to clean up.

So it's been a rather long time since I've really given thought to posting! Sorry! Our trip took a lot out of me and I'm now trying to recover from the time away! Kinda messed up I guess.... you're supposed to go away to relax and I'm now trying to relax from the getting away!
Anyways, enough about that!

I've got loads and loads of holidays to post/blog about in the next couple of weeks along with an engagement and some weddings coming up soon! BUT.... I am never too busy for more photos! So if you would like to capture life as it is right now, please leave me a note here and I'll get back to you ASAP!!!



I loved the look on Ry's face when he saw how "Batman" he truly was!





I'm thinking that his eyes are gonna pop out of his head!




No comments: