About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Holloways - Family Photos

My little sister Nikki has been an inspiration to me for as long as I can remember. You will never find a truer, more compassionate, and loving friend than her. Her life has had some bumps and she has risen up a stronger woman whose unwavering faith in her Lord and Savior is very challenging and inspirational to me. So it was a great honor and pleasure to take some photos of her family the other night while they were up here visiting us.

We had a great time exploring a friend's acreage and I could have shot forever! Their yard had so many places to shoot that I will need to get back there and soon!! You will soon see that Cam and Nik have a beautiful family and I struggled paring down what I would give them. There is an abundance of dimples in this family (mostly Nik though!!) and their smiles were so engaging! So Cam and Nik thank you for giving me this honor, I had a great time and I hope you did too! I love you all!


It has been a busy few days for me shooting a wedding, a family and a couple in about 4 days. And even though my eyes are rather bleary as I type this I have had a great time! I could do this more often as time seems to fly by when I'm taking photos. So on that note, if you are looking for an update to your family photos, please let me know soon so I can make it work.


Okay isn't she just beautiful? I love love love this shot!



I actually had them singing "The hills are alive with the sounds of music"
It was sooo funny to hear them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay....you were bleary eyed as you typed your post, I am teary eyed as I type mine!!! Carly, you are an amazing photographer, but even a more amazing sister and friend!! Thank you for your kind words.....and thank you for your terrific talent!!! Actually, I can thank our Lord for that, He has blessed you with an awesome gift of seeing things in a different way, and capturing them. All the pics are so great, and I can't wait to get the rest of them!!!! You seemed to capture the "essence" of each of my children, be it from serious to posing. So thank you for sharing. I love you lots!!
Your little sis,
Nik

Anonymous said...

Oh Carly!! I am with Nik - i am crying looking at these pics and reading what you posted! All you girls are strong women - who radiate love and joy! Thank you! These pics are awesome - you do good work! ;-) xoxo

Lynn said...

Great pictures Carly!! I love Nikki's dimples too, have since she was a wee little girl!!

Michelle said...

I thought that maybe it was just because I'm 8 months pregnant, but now that I read the other comments I realize I'm not alone in my puddle of tears. AMAZING photos! Cam and Nikki have a beautiful family. Carly you did an awesome job. I'm with you, Carly, Nikki is amazing and definitely an example of a Godly woman that we could all strive to be like. I'm honored to be her sister in law, and I have to say I'm a little jealous you share blood and we only share "CAM". HA HA HA! just joking. But really great shots Carly you are so very talented.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow Carly, what amazing photos. If you are ever back in the Unity area I would love for you to take some pics of my family.
Jessica Schultz (Lewin)