About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, January 29, 2010

This made me smile

I took a break the other day from "work edits" and was going through some personal photo folders that hadn't really been touched and came across this file from September 2009. I took Ry and one of his best buddies Judah to a park down by the river in PG and just watched them with my camera while they played.

I love that God blessed me with little boys and that it takes so little to entertain them. Give them a stick and a plethora of rocks infront of some water and we're good for an hour or two! Looking back it was the highlight of my day watching those two throw rocks to see whose got the biggest splash and whose went the furthest. I'm hoping that we can steal a few more of these moments in the weeks ahead as we get ready to move.

I decided to edit these a little differently than I usually do. I tend to lean towards as natural as possible when I edit. I'm not terribly fond nor gifted to extremely edit photos, I like them to look as close to natural as possible. I will often over edit a few photos for a wedding but usually leave them alone as much as possible with some little tweaks that most probably wouldn't even notice! But I notice and I like to tweak them just a little bit. Anyways, these I tweaked more than usual and actually enjoyed how they turned out. I did leave one more natural because it was fall and the colors were GEEORGEOUSSSSS!!!











2 comments:

joan said...

those are great shots Carly! Esp the one of Ry flying off the big log. Mom

Anonymous said...

K, those brought tears to my eyes.....your kids are going to be the most photographed in the world, and they are all going to be great pictures!!! Loved the one with Ry flying as well, as the one of him carrying the big stick and them looking at the train. SO excited you are going to be closer to us now, so it can be my kids in those pics with yours!!!
Nik