About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, September 20, 2010

Berg Family - Prince George Family Photographer

"You can walk anywhere in our yard, BUT..... maybe don't go over there, because that's where the bears are." WaHuh? Bears? IN the yard?

Yup, you read that right and I heard it right. And to top it off, I had come right near dusk. BUT I knew that this wasn't going to be a quiet crowd, I felt quite confident that the bears would have absolutely no desire to hang out with us.

Todd and Jenny are friends of mine from our old church and it was good to catch up with them while I shot. This family knows how to have laugh and how to have fun together. Jenny homeschools their 4 children and it sounds like a blast! Joe, their youngest son continually pointed out locations to use and ideas to try during the hour and a half we spent together. I tried most of his suggestions, but decided to forego the one where we would tie up his older sister to a post and make her free herself. Apparently that is a favorite pastime of the kids.... what a hoot! That is something I never thought of growing up with my sisters. Sure I did some mean stuff to them, but it never involved tying them up. BUT we also never tried to recreate Joan of Arc like they did.

It was a fun time together and was a great start to what was a weekend full of photo shoots.







They had this great play area (okay basically the whole yard), I loved this ladder they'd made on the trees. Incidentally the bear zone was just to the right of this. At least we had something sturdy to climb if we needed!



I think that this is my favorite photo of the evening. We didn't get a typical fall evening, which is usually full of lots of warm light filling up the trees making everything a beautiful golden color, but still got some autumn in the background!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carly it is us! we are sitting in our classroom enjoying your comments and especially the pictures you took of us. We all really......really.....really enjoyed having you take our picuters. It was great to see you and catch up on your life in Calgary:)

Hugs, the Baergs

Coming at you from Baerg Elementary.