About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, September 23, 2010

Swanson Family - Prince George Family Photographer

The Swanson's were family... are family to us.  Lori and I became friends rather quickly and bonded over our Saskatchewanyness (yes... that's a new word I just made up... deal with it... I like it!).  We reminisced over sunsets, northern lights, Midtown Plaza, and general prairie girl stuff.  We both missed the prairies for different reasons, but we still bonded.

And because we both lacked relatives in PG, we decided that we'd become eachother's PG family.  Birthdays, holidays, special dinners were shared together and the bond grew even deeper. So much so that our children started to fight like they were siblings!  Funny..... but annoying.  Therefore it was hard to say goodbye to our PG family, and I'm still trying to convince Jim that moving to Calgary would be a GREAT idea. I'm sure the Calgary Herald needs a new sports editor! :-)

They let me crash at their place a couple weeks ago while I was up shooting a wedding and we found a little time to squeeze in some family photos. It was great catching up with them and being able to come and go made it feel like I hadn't left PG.

 It was the only rainy day during my whole trip and since I was leaving right after the shoot we had no options to postpone/delay.  They were troopers and withstood a little rain and wet grass so I could attempt to get some good shots.  And I wasn't disappointed!

Love love LOVE this shot! Can't say why, just love it!



The next photo is a typical Rachie face... too funny!!!


Such sweet smiles!




I think this may be my favorite from the afternoon.  Just some Swanson family love!

No comments: