About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Perfect Fit

I usually get teary at least one time at every wedding. There is no set time, it could be during the vows, during the lost last moments before the bride comes down the aisle, when I have some one on one time with the bride and groom. Now I'm not a cryer, but I do well up at least once. I think it's because I've been married for so long that I truly do get what the day signifies. A start. ..... a start of a new family, a start of a new life, a start of a newly defined relationship that brings two people together who completely love one another and have made a promise to work through everything.

Over 17 years ago I walked down an aisle to a new start and participating in weddings always brings my mind back to my wedding day and how I felt and where Garth and I now are. Lots of time has passed since that day and we've had quite the adventure! And in spite of some bumps that weren't fun, I really wouldn't change a thing. God blessed me with the most amazing man who has stood with me for a long time now.

So if you see my wiping away a tear or two at a wedding know that I'm welling up because I'm excited for "my couple" and the adventure that lies ahead for them. God planned my perfect fit when Garth sauntered into my life. It sure wouldn't have been as fun without him in it!

I'm heading ot to Prince George tomorrow morning to shoot a wedding of some new friends of mine... Derek and Kristin. We had a great time during the engagement photos and I'm looking forward to what Saturday will bring!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice and very true! you just never know what lies ahead for you when you take that walk down the aisle. dad and i have always figured we did pretty good in the son-in-law dept! We truly did luck out! Even if Dean is no longer a part of our family - we always felt that we lucked out with him too. He was a good fit as well. And, now we have Shaun - he seems like a pretty ok guy as well. love you guys and very thankful for you all! xoxo