About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Sunday, September 19, 2010

The weather network

I grew up in small town Saskatchewan and I followed the weather as much as I needed to just so I could hold a conversation with the tractor kids but never did I think I'd become so consumed!! I used to think that south equalled warmth, sun, heat. Well these last few months have proven me wrong. As I type this my furnace is pushing out a lot of heat as this oh I don't know 5th day of cool rain descends upon Calgary.

Here I am not even 40 yet and I'm consumed about what the temperature is outside. Yup.... I've totally put it out there... I'm getting old. Doesn't that go hand in hand? Getting older and this constant surveillance of the weather channel, forecast page in the paper and checking the barometric pressure during the evening news? I haven't gotten to the place where the weather network is one of my favorite TV channels yet........ yet. Although I must admit they do have some interesting documentaries on that channel. I've always wondered how a funnel cloud actually works.

It's so disappointing that I am living in one of the most beautiful places in the world (at least in my humble untravelled opinion) and I can't enjoy it to the fullest because it's too wet to go tromping through the trees with my family and my camera! I did hear though last night over dinner with several 50 + people in the crowd that this next weekend is gearing up for some sun.... yup.... dinner conversation. So I will cling to my latest weather report and hope and PRAY hard for some warm weather to enjoy all the colors that God is blasting out all over the place.

I was so thankful that we had a beautiful September day for our wedding last Saturday. Great sunshine, warm air and an amazing blue sky. I'll post more of their wedding soon, but did want to post a little teaser for them. I had a busy busy weekend up there and have lots to edit!

I'm now off to boil some water for hot chocolate, grab a snuggly blanket and a good book and read while the boys play star wars on the xbox.


No comments: