About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye chapter

So.... as of today my job description has changed a little bit. I used to be a full time caregiver, daytime hours, night shift, 24/7 kind of stuff. I had been doing it for 8 years... 8 years and they pull the rug out from under me. Sure I'd had some warning, but nothing prepared me for the reality of the job change like this morning did.

You see... I dropped both Tys and Ry off for school today... both boys.... all day. Yup, all day... like 8:15 - 3:10 kind of all day. That's a SUPER long day for them but let's not forget how long a day that is going to be for me! The scary thing is since I'm still at home I'd better pull up my socks not just a little but a lot! I now have no distractions, and no excuses for why dinner isn't on par with Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray.... and it had better look like Mr. Clean lives in my house!

So it is with a few tears in my eyes that I bid farewell to a very memorable chapter in my life. The chapter where I got to spend a better part of my day involving myself directly into the life of my little people. A time when snuggling on the couch in the middle of morning reading stories out loud was the norm. The time when playing street hockey and lego and coloring had become a mundane part of my day. I'm certain that I will no longer look on those times as an inconvenience or an interruption, but rather I will look forward to it with anticipation. The daytime hours I get with them will now consist of me assisting their teachers whenever possible (and it will be often!!) Well enough time for tears, I'd better get on with my day. I wonder if one the neighborhood toddlers wants to hit the park?

No comments: