About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, November 5, 2010

Back in the Day

I love music.... it is a very rare time to be in my house and there isn't music playing somewhere.  And often you'll hear me singing along.  I remember going to concerts with my family from when I was about 12 until I graduated from high school. Yup... my Mom and Dad would load us up in the car and made the two hour drive to Saskatoon (where all the concerts were) and we'd sing along to our favorite artists.

Now... my ultimate fave? Hands down...Amy Grant. LOVED her!  Anytime she came to Saskatoon you'd find me figuring out anyway possible to get tickets and get there.  I was so into Amy Grant that I even looked like her as much as I could. Now thankfully I don't have a scanner so I don't have to embarrass myself as you compare how closely I resembled her.  I had the long curly hair thanks to Mom and her perming abilities.

Her last album really set me up great with my high school friends.  You see they didn't really get my music and so when Amy started having her music play on the radio it all of a sudden gave me some credibility in regards to music.  Thanks to Jason Emiry and his ever expanding plethora of music tastes my tape got played in the grade 12 lounge from time to time. Wahoo!!! You laugh, but that was HUGE for me back then!

I was taken to another time and place earlier today when I heard a song from my past.  Right back to sitting in the grade 12 lounge on old matted second hand couches eating my sandwich along with all my other classmates listening to Jason "spin records" on the stereo.  Aahhhh, the good old days when you could eat peanut butter in public places and ear buds were a thing for the far far future.  We shared the music together and enjoyed it together...back in the day.



Apparently I can't link this properly due to some regulations but you can still view it by clicking on the link you tube provides. Enjoy! And sing along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOHOO!! I remember the concerts and the fun. I clearly remember one Amy Grant concert, forget where it was, but there was red carpet everywhere and ramps to walk up and down and 25 different t-shirts to choose from....we each got one and wore them out in the first year. Amy Grant is still one of my favorites and I will listen to her whenever i am alone in the house, although the kids really like her music too....especially baby baby!! And the grade 12 lounge rocked when we were there!! Thanks for taking me back in time with you.......you didn't mention David Meece though....one of his songs was your favorite....or at least i heard it whenever i was in your room ..."you can go now, you can go.." love ya
Nik

Anonymous said...

ok - that is too funny!!!! i am laughing so hard i'm crying and snorting - at least 3. Nik - "you can go now..." you guys! i remember that song be played a lot around the house. loved the walk down memory lane Carly! thanks! xo