About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Following the party

I very clearly remember her 50th birthday....I wasn't there to celebrate with her, but made sure she knew we were thinking of her.  We were living in Prince George and the drive to Caronport was just a little too far even for a big event like a 50th birthday.  So...I had a few things taken care of for me by some good friends.  They filled her office with about 300 balloons and posted signs and posters up all over the campus stating that it was her 50th birthday and that she needed to hear how old she was. In no way was I going to let such an auspicious moment pass without recognition of it!

Another year has come and I'm not able to share any chocolate cake with her, but I will partake in something chocolately tonight to celebrate.  But I certainly do wish I could fill her office with balloons again! And some lovely pink flamingos on the front lawn would definitely compliment the Christmas motif that is most definitely present in her house and yard already.

I really don't know what to post here.  As corny as it sounds, words really can't express how thankful I am for my mom.  Her thoughtfulness, encouragement and sacrifices have been a part of my whole life.  She is a laugher, meaning you won't be around her long without hearing her or possibly feeling the thunder of it.  A party follows Mom and I've been fortunate to take that ride.  She's loved me,challenged me, supported me and championed me - a true mother and friend.

Mom, I pray that this year is your best yet, although it will be hard to cap the year I was born. ;-)  I pray that you make the most of every opportunity and that you take time to do nothing, that you continue to fall more in love with the Lord and with Dad. I pray that even though we are far apart that you will continue to send "sugar" our way, and that you keep laughing in spite of what life throws your way. And... I also pray that you get to sink your toes in a warm sandy beach!  So someday I will share a cake with you Mom and no matter where you are I'll be following the party to hang out with you!

This photo was taken earlier this fall and I think it is Mom.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Carly! you got me crying! Appreciate you and your sista's and all the joy and direction and fun you've given to me. I have been blessed with a family that means more to me than they will ever know. and, that includes Garth and Cam - i am so very proud of each one of you and love you guys all to pieces! sending you huge, huge hugs, love and SUGAR!!!!!! xooxoxxoox

Anonymous said...

So, you top me once again:) 300 balloons? I didn't realize you did that....aren't you a great daughter....I am gonna do 301 on her 60th, just to spite you:) (teasing of course). I agree, we have been blessed to have her as our Mom and friend....more than I realize at times. She has always been our cheerleader and has always encouraged us with her words and love. Mom, I don't have a blog, but if i did, I would ditto a lot of what Carly said!!! Love ya
Nik

Lynn said...

This picture is absolutely your Mom!!! I love it!