About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Saturday, November 13, 2010

Back to the basement

Growing up in our house meant that Sundays were always hit and miss as to where we'd be having lunch. Usually we didn't make it home for lunch, sometimes supper was away too.  After church somebody would invite us over and inevitably we'd end up staying for the whole day!  Yup, you invite the Ballantyne's over and it didn't just mean lunch, it meant afternoon snack, dinner and night snack!  No... we weren't socially awkward just really loved!  It was hard saying goodbye to us I guess!

More often than not we'd end up at the Brown house, play clothes would be borrowed and the fun would commence for the next 6 to 8 hours!  Lots of memories are tied up with that family, but one came to mind the other night.  Now you need to know my sister Nikki to know how easy a target she was when we were younger (actually both of my little sisters were!).  Nikki always reacted sooooo well and it always made it that more fun!  At some point in time we'd be in the Brown's basement listening to Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant or Petra blasting it as loud as we could.  On one such occasion we thought it would be fun to run around the basement in the dark but to make it even better we decided that it would be even better to scare each other. So we proceeded to do just that. And that consisted of putting the zombie moves on Nik which involved huge bug eyes and slow walking movements with our arms out straight infront of us. And what did Nik do? Yup.... she screamed and ran away. So it made complete sense to continue doing it because she gave us such a great reaction! Aaahhhhh....memories! ;-)

So fast forward many many years to Thursday night where the Koop family found ourselves at the Holloway house.  The lights were off, the cousins were running around trying to scare eachother and enjoying it. Now my boys are always asking for stories about when I was their age. So..... it seemed like the right time to share that story.  I gathered the kids in the back bedroom and shared how to scare their mom.  So they proceeded to walk slowly through the dark hallway and living room to the kitchen where their mom/aunt was.  Was she scared? It was hard to tell amidst her laughter! Sadly you do grow out of some things. Sigh.


Here is a photo of the cousins.... just imagine the bug eyes and zombie like walk.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it was your eyes that did scare me a bit!!! Probably because they were the only ones in the bunch on thursday to have tormented me as a child!!!
But,those were great memories, those Sundays that we visited with church families!! So many good things about those times:)
Love ya
Nik