About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Deza's Bridal Fashion Shoot - Part 1

Imagine a room full of beautiful gowns....some huge and puffy, others over the top with bling, some with frills and ruffles and others simple and graceful in design each of them beautiful in their own way.  Well I got to spend an afternoon amidst all those gowns and loved it!  I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that most little girls love the idea of weddings.  Little girls? Big girls too!  Everytime I walk into a bridal salon I always find the gown that I would buy if I was looking.  And Deza's didn't disappoint me!  The first time I popped in to scope out things I found my dress right away.

"Oh...these gowns just arrived.  2011 bridal gowns....do you like them?"  Do I like them?  No...I love them!  I was immediately drawn to one gown in particular gracing one of the mannequins.  Definitely would have made my "try on" list when I was engaged. 

I had the pleasure and honor of spending an afternoon with a great group of women...(and Aaron) playing with dresses and my camera!  I was more than a little nervous about this whole afternoon as it was my first fashion shoot and since I'm comfortable shooting in natural light it was a stretch to shoot with lighting, but it worked great!

Deza's Bridal hosted us and closed down her salon for the day to let us take over for the day (must to the dismay of her customers!).  Trena of Trena Laine polished all of our models lovely faces and Kassandra of Accentric Salon and Spa created their amazing hairstyles.  Janine Stevenson, an up and coming fashion stylist helped create the atmosphere for the afternoon which ended up being a big party! 

Thank you to everyone who made this afternoon become reality.  I'm already looking forward to our next shoot!

This post is the warm up to the actual shoot....you need to see behind the scenes first!

 The lovely and talented Deza. (More on her in the next post!)







No comments: