About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It Kind of Felt Like Home - A Real Country Wedding - Mike and Janise

When I knew I was going to Pincher Creek for Mike and Janise's wedding I was so excited.  Why?  Well first of all, their's was my first wedding of 2011 and I love that area of Alberta.  I remember my Dad saying that you'd have a hard time finding a prettier place to ranch and farm.  And after being there again this last weekend....I concur!!  It is beautiful!  And I know it will only get prettier as the spring thaw starts.  I felt right at home as I drove through the town as it reminded me of my hometown in Saskatchewan (mind you we didn't have the views or a Walmart) but the size and content was the same.  I loved driving around the country checking out where I was to be during the wedding day and scouting some amazing photo locations.    Driving the gravel roads I came across some beautiful vistas that I hope to someday get back and shoot with a little more time (bride and groom or not!).   

I don't think Mike and Janise were planning a specific theme to their day it just happened from who they are and where they come from.  It was a relaxed day full of love, Jesus, laughter and family and I think that's those are the best things to focus on.  Those that helped bring this day together were a talented bunch!  The bouquets and floral arrangements were done by Janise's cousin who used to work in a florist's shop as a part time job.  Another cousin worked her magic on everyone's hair and I must add that she isn't trained.....just liked to play with hair.  Janise's mom made the girl's shawls, another cousin played at the wedding ceremony.  Talk about do it yourself!

It was a great day and I hope you enjoy this post highlighting portions of the day.  More photos coming tomorrow! 



 

 
  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my word Carly!!! Awesome shots and settings. you are so creative - love what you have done so far. mom xo