About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, February 25, 2011

They Didn't Need a Reason to Get Close- Mike and Janise - Pincher Creek, AB Wedding

Mike and Janise?  Troopers that's for sure.  We had all been praying that Sunday wouldn't be windy.  You see Pincher Creek is surrounded by windmills.  It's called the wind energy capital of Canada and for good reason.  The horizon is full of windmills and it looks amazing!  But winter, wind and weddings don't mix well.  Thankfully the Lord decided that a winter wedding was enough and didn't involve the wind on Sunday.  It was a beautiful clear day; a crisp, cold day.  Not one time did I need to ask them to get closer....but...I'm thinking it was for other reasons than the cold!

I always love spending a little quality time with just the bride and groom on their wedding day.  I'm kinda like a third wheel with a lens catching the little glances, touches and smiles shared between them.  Last Sunday wasn't any different, in spite of the cold weather these two were like all my other couples......loving the time alone.  I enjoy watching my newly married couple spend a few quiet moments alone during their wedding day.  Their faces full of joy and hope filled eyes are a delight to observe and shoot. 

Mike and Janise, thank you for letting me share in your day.  It was a pleasure and honor to document your day. 





Janise....what a girl!  She'd throw on a blanket and we'd pull it off
after I'd set up, snap our shots and she'd throw it back on. 
I'm thinking that this blanket could be the "something old" for the day.

 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carly they're amazing!! Thank you for the small insight to the day. I cried ~Jana xox

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! They look so beautiful and so happy, just as they should on their wedding day. I can't wait to see more... Darlene