About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, November 21, 2011

Not much has changed....the Koop Family - Calgary Family Photography

A big warm hug, and words of welcome along with a lesson in how to make the perfect cup of hot cocoa.  These are some of my first memories of Conroy and Sheila.  We stepped into their little green house in Steinbach just about 19 years ago and I felt welcomed immediately.  Garth and I had been recently engaged and I went to his place for New Year's Eve.  I felt like part of the family right away.  Conroy teased me like a brother would, Sheila told me stories and I was instantly part of the family.  Not much has changed and for that I'm thankful.  Sheila still has amusing stories to share and has morphed into a great older sister and Conroy is even more like my brother!

There is always something going on in that house of theirs.  A game being played at the table, someone jumping on the trampoline, guests sitting around the firepit in the backyard......this Koop house is full of action.  We have been blessed enough to share in the day to day with Con, Sheila, Savannah, Joe and Mitch on and off for a few years.  It's great having family a short bike ride away, it makes Calgary seem much smaller!

I had a great time with these guys.  It had been over 10 years since we last met for a family photo, so things had definitely changed! But one thing hadn't, it was still interesting getting them to all look at the camera at the same time, somebody was always laughing or saying something to make someone laugh.  It was a great afternoon.  Enjoy the images...I sure enjoyed shooting them!

Share some comment love! I love reading what you think!




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Auntie Carly :). Looking great everyone! I'm proud to say that I'm part of a beautiful family!!