About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, September 21, 2009

Sean and Adrienne - Wedding

As we drove to their first look, Adrienne was a little apprehensive about seeing Sean. "I know I'm going to cry when I see him" she stated.

"And that would be totally okay," I said, "you're a little tense right now, but trust me, as soon as you see him, all those little butterflies in your stomach will fly away."

We pulled into the park and I double checked that Sean was where we'd agreed. As we slowly made our way to Sean I could see the nerves filling up in her eyes. She was sort of biting her lip in anticipation and when I finally told Sean that he could turn around and see his beautiful bride, the tears were hanging on her eyelids. Those tears did fall amidst the widest and brightest smile that she gave the whole day. It was a beautiful moment and confirmed in my mind that the first look before the ceremony with just the couple erases all stress, nerves and butterflies and gives them a chance to enjoy the day all alone. (or almost, but I'm pretty quiet!!)
We had a great hour as we explored Confederation Park together, I sure wish it could have been longer, and I think they did too.

A surprise gas leak on the highway caused a few stressful moments as we figured out a new route, but we still got to the church with about 7 minutes to spare!
Sean and Adrienne, I had a great day with you both. Your love for eachother, your son and your family was evident. Thank you for letting me be part of your day. Enjoy your honeymoon!!

I'd love to hear what you think about these photos, so drop me a comment!


This may be my favorite from the day - at least it is right now, it usually changes as I edit. But this one gets my vote!!


I didn't mention her killer shoes - aren't they the best? I love love love them!!!!!

5 comments:

Joan Ballantyne said...

As usual - I love what i am seeing!!! Not that i am the least bit biased about your work. ;-) And, I do LOVE those shoes! They are just gorgeous as well as the dress. She pulled off an awesome look and you brought it out in the pictures! thank you Carly!

Anonymous said...

Wow. My mom was trying to tell me about the dress and shoes, but your pictures are more beautiful than she could explain. Sorry that we couldn't see you, but hopefully we'll get to connect soon.
Noella

Anonymous said...

I think all these pictures are amazing!!! your a great photographer and of course my brother and aj(new sister) looked amazing :) that helps with making a great photo lol but for sure an amazing job :) - lindsey

adrienne said...

I love the pictures. My mom and I like the one with Sean and myself kissing on the "hill" that looks like the prairies (did I spell that right?) anyways, I can't wait for all of them. Thank you so much for doing our wedding pictures. -Adrienne

Carly Koop said...

Adrienne - that is my favorite too! Do you remember me squealing when I was taking those ones? THAT IS WHY! I had a great time, thanks for the great day!!