About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today's Super Power

Ever thought about what super power you'd love to have? Well, today my would have been having the ability to float on a cloud - nothing really super about it I suppose, but it would have been great! The chance to just get above everything, look down and see things from another perspective, see what is ahead. To have that time completely alone, with the blue sky and sun above and the earth far below. Yup, floating would have been great today. The greatest dilemma would be where to float over. Perspective - reflective - objective - (okay I could probably get carried away with this so I'll stop!!).

Things may be getting a little out of control, not too out of control, but just a little and so before they spiral out of control it's time to stop (drop and roll?). Time to take some time.

Time for uninterrupted reflection.... how am I doing? Am I "getting it"? Do I spend enough time in the Word? Did I play with Tysen and Rylen today? How about Garth - did I give him my full attention? Does my family know how very much I love and adore them? Do my parents and sisters know that I miss and love them? Are my friends hearing from me enough? Do I give enough of myself or am I being selfish? So many questions to ponder, maybe it's time to look around and listen up.

So today would have been a floating day, but since I can't do that I'll just "put" myself in the clouds below and recognize that the cloud today reminded me of what's important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!Ansel Adams watch out!!
I too would love that superpower!!! It would be nice to step out of ourselves and see how we are really measuring up at times.....where do i place my values??
I love you Carly, and I think you are doing a pretty good job!!:)